Current Affairs 07th November, 2018
Posted on: 2018-11-07 Posted by: CLAT Gurukul Category: General Knowledge
7 November 2018
- 1. National Cancer Awareness Day Observed On 7th November Across The Nation
- 'National Cancer Awareness Day' started in 2014 when it was first announced by the former Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- February 4th is World Cancer Day, when organizations and individuals around the world unite to raise awareness about cancer and work to make it a global health priority.
- 2. U.S. grants temporary Iran oil waivers to eight countries
- Eight countries namely, India, China, Italy, Greece, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey have been granted exemptions by United States, allowing them to temporarily continue buying Iranian oil.
- These countries have been exempted as they significantly reduced their imports of Iranian oil.
- 3. Lucknow's Cricket Stadium renamed after Atal Bihari Vajpayee, a day before India-WI T20I
- UP government on November 5 renamed Lucknow's Ekana International Cricket Stadium as 'Bharat Ratan Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium'.
- This would be the first international cricket match to be played in the stadium.
- 4. Ola launches operations in New Zealand after UK, Australia
- Bengaluru-based cab aggregator Ola has officially launched operations in New Zealand, offering ride services in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. It comes after Ola launched operations in Australia and the UK in January and August respectively.
- Ola claims to have over 125 million users in India, Australia, and the UK.
- Ola was founded in 2010 by Ankit Bhati and Bhavish Aggarwal.
- 5. Banks take over MCA stadium in Pune over loan payment defaults
- A consortium of lenders led by Bank of Maharashtra has taken 'symbolic possession' of Pune's Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) Stadium over non-payment of loan by stadium authorities.
- The Maharashtra Cricket Association has failed to repay dues of ₹69.53 crore to Bank of Maharashtra, Karnataka Bank, Bank of Baroda and Andhra Bank despite being served a 60-day notice on August 18.
- 6. UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya
- Faizabad district will be renamed as Ayodhya,
- A new airport in Ayodhya named after Lord Rama
- A new medical college named after King Dasharatha.
- 7. Uttar Pradesh Ayodhya Deepotsav 2018 enters Guinness Book of World Records: Over 3 lakh diyas lit
- A Guinness certificate was issued to UP government's tourism department and Dr Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Avadh University, Faizabad, for over 3,01,152 earthen lamps illuminated on the bank of River Sarayu on Chhoti Diwali as part of Deepotsava.
- The feat was achieved in the presence of Adityanath and South Korean first lady Kim-Jung Sook.
- 8. NMCG and HCL foundation to engage in Afforestation and Public outreach activities through Bal Ganga Mela
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) partnered up with HCL Foundation and German development agency GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) to organize “Bal Ganga Mela” at HCL’s Noida campus.
- The main objective is to encourage students to become ambassadors of change.
- 9. Rohit Sharma sets record, becomes first cricketer in history to score 4 T20I hundreds
- He achieved the milestone in 58 balls during the second T20I against the Windies at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow.
- He now has 2,196 runs in the format. He also overtook Virat Kohli (2,102 runs) to become India's leading run-getter in T20Is, and ended up second on the list of the highest run-getters in the world, just behind New Zealand's Martin Guptill.
- He also became the first captain to score two T20I hundreds.
- 10. Namrata Ahuja bags IPI-India Award for excellence in Journalism 2018
- Namrata Ahuja is a senior special correspondent with The Week magazine.
- She has received this award for her exclusive story on Nagaland underground camps.
- The award consists of a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh, a trophy, and a citation.
- The jury was headed by former Attorney-General of India Soli Sorabjee.
- 11. Gafur Rakhimov elected as President of AIBA
- He won 86 of the 134 second-round votes collected by International Boxing Association (AIBA) officials in Moscow to beat his only opponent, former boxer Serik Konakbayev of Kazakhstan.
- About International Boxing Association (AIBA) Formation: 1946, Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland President: Dr Wu Ching-kuo
- 12. India and Malawi Sign MoUs in Extradition Treaty, Atomic Energy and VISA Waiver
- India and Malawi signed three MoUs on Extradition Treaty, cooperation in the field of Atomic Energy for peaceful purposes and VISA Waiver for Diplomatic and Official Passports.
- The MoU was signed during Vice President Venkaiah Naidu visit in Malawi.
- 13. India and South Korea Sign MoU on Cooperation In Sports
- Sports Minister Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore and Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism of South Korea Do Jong-hwan signed the MoU.
Believe you can succeed!