Current Affairs 10th November, 2018
Posted on: 2018-11-10 Posted by: CLAT Gurukul Category: General Knowledge
10 November 2018
- 1. Arunima Sinha, worlds first Indian woman amputee to scale Everest gets honorary doctorate in UK
- She has been awarded for her inspirational achievements in mountaineering. She is 30 years old. In 2013, she became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- She is a former Indian national Volleyball player.
- 2. Actor Jayant Sawarkar to get Maharashtra governments Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Lifetime Achievement award
- Tabla artist Vinayak Thorat will be awarded the Sangeeta acharya Annasaheb Kirloskar Lifetime Achievement. Both the awards consist of cash prizes of Rs 5 lakh, citation, and a memento each.
- Jayant Sawarkar started his career in Marathi theatre as a backstage artist.
- 3. Super 30 founder Anand Kumar honoured with education award Global Education Award in Dubai
- This was awarded by Malabar Gold & Diamonds’, flagship company of Malabar Group, a leading Indian business conglomerate.
- He was honored for his “pioneering” contributions to the field of education.
- 4. Retired Gauhati High Court judge Pranoy Kumar Musahary appointed as the first chairperson of Lokayukta in Meghalaya
- He urged the Conrad Sangma government to speed up the appointment of 4 other members of the Lokayukta.
- 5. UAV CH7: China unveils most advanced stealth drone
- It was unveiled at the Air Show China 2018 in Zhuhai, China.
- UAV – CH7, China become the second country following the US, to produce high-altitude long-endurance combat UAVs with advanced penetration capabilities.
- It can launch weapons, like anti-radiation missiles, air-to-ground or anti-ship missiles and long-distance precision-guided bombs. It can be customized.
- It is 10 meters long. It has a wingspan of 22-meters.
- 6. Mahila-E-Haat online portal to promote women farmers and entrepreneurs launched by WCD
- The main aim is to unique organic products of the women farmers and entrepreneurs from across the country.
- It will serve as an e-platform to bring them together and promote the achievements of women farmers. It was launched during the 5th “Women of India National Organic Festival, 2018”.
- 7. Ozone layer recovering at 1 to 3 per cent per decade: United Nations
- The ozone layer that shields life from cancer-causing solar rays is recovering at a rate of one to three percent per decade, reversing years of dangerous depletion caused by the release of harmful chemicals.
- The Antarctic ozone hole is recovering while continuing to occur every year.
- 8. Gaddam Dharmendra appointed India Ambassador to Iran
- He is an Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) of 1990 batch.
- At present, he is Additional Secretary at Headquarters of Ministry of External Affairs.
- 9. Saudi bans Israeli Muslims from Hajj pilgrimage
- New Saudi passport rules have barred Israeli Muslims from visiting Mecca for Hajj pilgrimage.
- Since Israel and Saudi don't have diplomatic ties, Israeli Muslims visited Mecca by going to Jordan where they got temporary Jordanian passports that allowed them to travel to the kingdom.
- Saudi will no longer accept temporary Jordanian passport.
- 10. European defense coalition launched in Paris
- Defence ministers from European countries met in Paris and launched a joint military force known as the ‘European Intervention Initiative’ or EI2.
- The military force could rapidly be deployed in response to a conflict or natural disaster.
- Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Portugal, Britain and Finland are part of this initiative.
- 11. NASA's Ralph to explore Jupiter's Trojan asteroids in 2021
- Ralph - a space instrument that has travelled as far as Pluto — was first launched aboard the New Horizons spacecraft in 2006 and obtained stunning flyby images of Jupiter and its moons.
- In 2021, Ralph is set to journey with the Lucy mission to Jupiter’s Trojan asteroids. The instrumet will fly by another Kuiper Belt object called 2014 MU69 — nicknamed Ultima Thule - in January 2019.
- 12. Odisha Government launched the 'Bhubaneswar Me Wi-Fi' project in Bhubaneswar
- The project is implemented by Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited (BSCL), which is a Special Purpose Vehicle incorporated by Odisha Government.
- It will initially have 100 hotspots enabled locations with 275 access points. One wi-fi hotspot would be able to handle 150 users at a given point of time.
- With this move, the Capital will stamp its entry as a global Smart City with 500 hotspots spanning the entire city.
Believe you can succeed!