Current Affairs 11th November, 2018
Posted on: 2018-11-11 Posted by: CLAT Gurukul Category: General Knowledge
11 November 2018
1. Power Minister inaugurates INSPIRE 2018; gives away awards to the winners of the #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge
- Ø This is the second edition of INSPIRE and is being organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.
- Ø The three-day symposium will focus on enhancing grid management, e-Mobility, financial instruments and technologies for energy efficiency in India.
2. With 5462 beds, Patna Medical College to be world's largest hospital
- Ø The Bihar cabinet gave its nod for the redevelopment of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) into a world’s largest 5462-bed hospital at an estimated cost of Rs 5540.07 crore.
- Ø The hospital would be redeveloped by Bihar Medical Services & Infrastructure Corporation Ltd (BMSICL).
- Ø The PMCH was established in 1925.
- Ø The hospital would be redeveloped in three phases in seven years.
3. Rohit Sharma becomes first batsman to hit four T20I hundreds
- Ø He achieved this feat in 58 balls during the second T20I match against the West Indies at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow.
- Ø He has surpassed the record of New Zealand’s Colin Munro who had scored three centuries.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate several projects in Varanasi on Nov 12
- Ø The newly constructed Multi-Modal Terminal on River Ganga to the nation.
- Ø This is built as part of the Government’s Jal Marg Vikas project that aims at developing the stretch of River Ganga between Varanasi to Haldia for navigation of large vessels.
- Ø The Prime Minister will also receive India’s first container vessel that sailed from Kolkata on 30th of last month.
5. India to start exporting raw sugar to China from early 2019
- Ø India is the largest producer of sugar in the world with 32 million tonnes of production in 2018.
- Ø It produces sugar of all three grades- raw, refined and white.
- Ø Indian sugar is also of a high quality and is Dextran free because of the minimum time taken from cut to crush.
6. US exempts India from imposition of sanctions development of Chabahar Port in Iran
- Ø The US, which has allowed India to continue importing oil from Iran, has granted a waiver from sanctions for New Delhi’s role in the Chabahar port of Iran and the construction of a railway line from the Iranian port city to the Afghan border.
- Ø India has committed $500 million to the project and $2 billion to build a railway line from Chabahar in Iran to Hajigaj in Afghanistan.
- Ø India signed an agreement with Iran and Afghanistan in May 2016 for the port’s development.
7. West Bengal to observe 'Rosogolla Day' on Nov 14
- Ø West Bengal government has decided to observe 'Rosogolla Day' on November 14, to commemorate the first anniversary of the state's famous sweet getting Geographical Indication (GI) tag as 'Bengal's Rosogolla'.
- Ø The GI tag is a sign that identifies a product as originating from a particular place.
8. United Nations Issues Diya Stamps to Celebrate Diwali
- Ø The UN Postal System has issued two stamps with diyas in celebration of Diwali as "the quest for the triumph of good over evil".
- Ø The stamps are in the $1.15 denomination, which is the basic rate for international air mail letters.
9. UN World Food Programme, Alibaba Group form strategic partnership to eliminate hunger
- Ø The agreement was signed between United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director David Beasley and Chairman of Alibaba Foundation Sun Lijun at Alibaba's headquarters in Hangzhou, China, to support efforts eliminate hunger globally by 2030.
- Ø World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations, established in 1961 after 1960 Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Conference.
- Ø It is headquartered in Rome (Italy).
10. Gujarat to introduce new digital platform for Agriculture land
- Ø Gujarat government decided to launch a digital platform for the conversion of agricultural land to Non-Agriculture (NA).
- Ø Under the scheme of Digital India, all district collector offices and District Panchayats will be covered and monitored through a dedicated online system.
11. UP CM, South Korea's first lady Kim-Jung Sook inaugurated Queen Huh Memorial
- Ø Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and South Korean first lady Kim-Jung Sook inaugurated the Queen Huh Memorial at Queen Huh Park in Ayodhya.
- Ø Adityanath claimed that Ayodhya can be called Korea's maternal home.
12.'Mere Pyaare Prime Minister' only Asian film screened at Rome Film Festival
- Ø Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's upcoming film 'Mere Pyaare Prime Minister' was the only Asian film which was screened at the Rome Film Festival.
- Ø The film revolves around four children living in a Mumbai slum.
- Ø One of them wants to build a toilet for his single mother and makes an appeal to the Prime Minister.
Believe you can succeed!