Current Affairs 22nd November, 2018
Posted on: 2018-11-22 Posted by: CLAT Gurukul Category: General Knowledge
22 November 2018
1. Cabinet apprised of Agreement between India and Uzbekistan on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of an Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation between India and Uzbekistan.
- The Agreement was signed on 1st October 2018 at New Delhi in the presence of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and President of Uzbekistan Mr. Shavkat Mirayoyev, by the Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan on the Indian side and Minister of Innovative Development, Mr. Ibrohim Abdurakhmanov on the Uzbek side.
2. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Tajkistan on Cooperation on Youth Matters
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Tajikistan on Cooperation on Youth Matters.
3. India gets UN Environment award for combating transboundary environmental crime
- United Nation Environment has awarded Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India with Asia Environment Enforcement Awards, 2018 for excellent work done by the Bureau in combating transboundary environmental crime.
4. IFFI 2018 Flash Briefing Skills launched on Amazon Alexa Smart Speakers
- Voice is the future of communication with the devices around us.
- Voice is everywhere and already 390 million people around the world are using voice based communication and this would almost triple to 1. 83 billion people in the next 3 years.
5. Governor of Tripura Inaugurates 7 th International Tourism Mart in Agartala, Tripura
- The Governor of Tripura Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki inaugurated the “7thInternational Tourism Mart for the North-East States” in the presence of Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism Shri K. J Alphons and the Chief Minister of Tripura Shri Biplab Kumar Deb in Agartala, Tripura this evening.
- Minister for Tourism of Tripura Shri Pranjit Singha Roy, Secretary, M/o Tourism Smt. Rashmi Verma, Director General (Tourism) Shri Satyajeet Rajan and other dignitaries from Central Ministries and North Eastern States were present.
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has organized the Mart in association with the Department of Tourism, Government of Tripura and the North Eastern States.
6. ICC teams up with Google
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced its partnership with Google.
- The partnership is to offer the fans a great viewing experience of the upcoming semifinals and final of the ICC Women’s World T20.
7. Indian Navy issued LoR to the U. S. for multi role U. S. copters
- Indian Navy has issued the Letter of Request (LoR) to the U. S. , under the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) route, for the purchase of 24 MH-60R Multi-Role Helicopters (MRH) in a deal estimated at $2bn.
- This is among a series of defence procurements and inductions from the U. S. and Russia in the last two months.
8. Swami Vigyananda launches Hindu Economic Forum in New Zealand
- Hindu Economic Forum New Zealand (HEFNZ) was officially launched by Swami Vigyananand on Sunday, 18 November 2018 in Auckland, with the vision “Grow Together; Share Together”.
9. Open Forum at International Film Festival of India to begin in Goa
- It provides a platform to filmmakers, actors, jury members, senior government officials, an organizers of film festivals from India and abroad to exchange their views in a free and frank manner.
- The topic for today’s Open Forum is the role of film festivals in promoting film culture and the need for spreading film festivals across the country.
10. Jammu and Kashmirs civil secretariat to become plastic free
- Jammu & Kashmir’s Civil Secretariat would soon be made plastic-free and its use would be discarded absolutely in the secretariat premises.
- The Chief Secretary of J&K assured that Secretariat would soon be made free from plastic and a notification to that effect will be issued soon.
11 Jai Ram Thakur to launch different developmental schemes in Palampur
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur will be visiting Palampur on November 23.
- During his visit, he will be launching different developmental schemes worth crores of rupees.
- Thakur will first attend a state-level academic conference on free and compulsory education for all and then inaugurate a double-lane bridge at Kalu-De-Hatti on Maul Khad.
12. I&B Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurates multi-media digital exhibition on Mahatma Gandhi at IFFI
- Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rathore today inaugurated a multi-media digital exhibition on Mahatma Gandhi at the International Film festival of India (IFFI) in Panaji, Goa.
- Titled “Mahatma on Celluloid”, the exhibition provides a state-of-the-art digital experience to the viewers who can relive the life and times of Mahatma, and draw inspiration from his ideas and work.
13. Wasim Jaffer becomes first Indian to touch 11,000-run milestone in Ranji Trophy
- Veteran first-class cricketer Wasim Jaffer became the first Indian batsman to touch the 11,000-run figure in the Ranji Trophy.
14. Standard definitions of kilogram, Ampere, Kelvin and mole changed after 130 years
- The changes were done after representatives from 60 countries voted to redefine the International System of Units (SI) for weight, current, temperature and amount of chemical substance.
15. Interpol elected South Korean Kim Jong-yang as Next President
- Interpol’s 94 member states elected South Korea’s Kim Jong-yang as Interpol’s next president in Dubai.
16. A National Institute of Inter-Faith Studies to be set up in Punjab to commemorate 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Government
- The Yearlong Celebration starting November 23rd this year will include a number of commemorative as well as construction activities will be taken up during the commemoration period.
17. NMCG approved 10 composite Sewerage Projects in Agra worth Rs. 1573. 28 Crore to help reduce pollution in Yamuna
- The project for Rehabilitation / Renovation of Agra Sewerage Scheme (Interception & Diversion Works) conceived at a total cost of Rs. 857. 26 crore including the O&M cost for 15 years.
18. Himachal Pradesh approves Sashakt Mahila Yojana
- The main aim is to empower rural women by providing them an interface for organization and socio-economic development.
- The scheme would link rural women with sustainable livelihood opportunities and improving their skill by imparting training.
19. India First Justice City To Set Up In Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh is building a world-class and India’s first ‘Justice City’ within its new capital Amaravati
- It is with the vision to provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem built on the latest technology for supporting the judicial system in the state.
- The state provides the necessary infrastructure to provide speedy justice for litigants, easy and better access to justice for the masses and reduce pending cases.
Believe you can succeed!