Current Affairs 28th November, 2018
Posted on: 2018-11-28 Posted by: CLAT Gurukul Category: General Knowledge
28 November 2018
1. Govt launched 'Paisa' portal for affordable credit and interest subvenion access
- The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called 'Paisa'.
- PAiSA, or `Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access’, is a web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank.
2. Azim Premji to be conferred highest French civilian award
- Tech magnate and philanthropist Premji will receive the Knight of the Legion of Honour or Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur from Ambassador of France to India, Alexandre Ziegler.
- The renowned entrepreneur will be bestowed with this distinction for his contribution to developing the IT industry in India and his economic outreach in France.
- Indian recipients who have received this prestigious award include Shah Rukh Khan as well as Bengali actor Soumitra Charrerjee.
3. Hausla-2018 inaugurated in Delhi
- The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs)- 'Hausla 2018' of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) was inaugurated by the Secretary, Shri Rakesh Srivastava, in New Delhi.
- The theme for the 4 day Event, from 26 to 29th November 2018 is “Child Safety”.
4. Gujarat tops in implementing Ayushman Bharat
- Gujarat has emerged as the top performer of the Centre’s ambitious health financing scheme - Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), which was launched on September 23, promises health coverage of Rs 5 lakh per family to over 10 crore poor families.
- Over 3. 4 lakh beneficiaries have been treated under the scheme since its launch until November 24, according to the National Health Agency.
- Tamil Nadu ranked second at 54,273 hospital and Chattisgarh third at 53,180.
5. Global Wage Report 2018 Released, Bangladesh's gender wage gap lowest in the globe
- According to the report the global average monthly gender pay gap was 21. 2% in 2017, while Bangladesh gender pay gap was only 2. 2%, the lowest in the world.
- Pakistan topped the gap chart by 43. 8%. Nepal topped the low income group with 26. 7% gap and the average gender pay gap is 21. 2%.
6. Ministerial Panel approved strategic sale of AI arm
- A Ministerial panel approved a proposal for strategic sale of Air India’s (AI) ground handling subsidiary Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL).
7. Modi to meet Xi in Buenos Aires before G20 summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping are to meet in Buenos Aires, Argentina on the sidelines of the G20 summit.
- The bilateral meeting between the two leaders will cover issues of mutual interest.
- It was decided at the BRICS summit in Johannesburg that both the leaders will meet frequently and both the countries were quite happy in incorporating it in their schedules.
- The announcement about the meeting came in the backdrop of a letter from Congress MP Ninong Ering of Arunachal Pradesh, which urged the Prime Minister to discuss the issues relevant to the State with the Chinese President.
8. ISRO to launch HysIS on 29th November
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has planned to launch HysIS, the country's first hyperspectral imaging satellite for advanced earth observation, on 29th November from Sriharikota.
9. Health Ministry Launches Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme IDSP
- Ms. Preeti Sudan, Union Health Secretary soft-launch of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) segment of the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in seven states.
- The path-breaking initiative will provide near-real-time data to policymakers for detecting outbreaks, reducing the morbidity and mortality and lessening disease burden in the populations and better health systems.
10. Gauri Khan debuted on Fortune India's Most Powerful Women list 2018
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife and Renowned interior designer and co-owner of Red Chillies Entertainment, Gauri Khan debuts on the list of ‘Fortune India’s 50 Most Powerful Women’ in business’ this year.
11. Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated NDMAs fourteenth formation day
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 14th Formation day of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
- This Year’s theme was “Early Warning for Disasters”.
12. CNC to celebrate Codava National Day on 2nd December
- The Codava National Council (CNC) is to organize Codava National Day on December 2 at Madikeri.
- The theme of this year's congregation is 'Right to Live' and is dedicated to the landslide victims in northwestern Kodagu. The victims should be able to regain their land.
13. Tamil Nadu won cadaveric organ donation award for 4th time
- Tamil Nadu bagged the Best State Award in cadaveric organ donation from the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO), Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The State has been awarded for the fourth consecutive year.
- Health Minister C. Vijaya Baskar received the award from the Ministers of State, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ashwini Kumar Choubey and Anupriya Patel during the 9th Indian Organ Donation Day programme in New Delhi 28th November 2018.
14. Fourteen Scientist awarded with Swarnajayanti Fellowships 2017-18 award: Dept. of Science and Technology (DST)
- The awards were given in the areas of Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, and Mathematical Sciences.
- The Following shows the list of awardees: Sripada S V Ramasastry, Sebastian C Peter in Chemical Sciences KG Arun, GV Pavan Kumar in Physical Science Girdhari Lal, Chandrima Das, Arun Kumar Shukla in Life Sciences. Mayank Vatsa, Yogesh Singh Chauhan and Ashish Kumar Sen in Engineering Sciences Saket Saurabh and Parthanil Roy in Mathematical Sciences. Ramananda Chakrabarti in Earth and atmospheric sciences.
15. India recorded highest average real wage growth in South Asia during 2008-17: ILO report
- According to an annual report named “Global Wage Report 2018/19: What Lies behind Gender pay gaps”, released by International Labour Organisation (ILO), India recorded the highest average real wage growth in South Asia during 2008-17.
- The Global wage growth in 2017 was not only lower than in 2016, but fell to its lowest growth rate since 2008.
- In emerging and developing countries of the G20, real wage growth has fluctuated in recent years, rising from 2. 9 percent in 2015 to 4. 9 percent in 2016, and then falling back to 4. 3 percent in 2017.
- The countries with the lowest levels of wage inequality are found among the high-income group, whereas countries with the highest levels of wage inequality are found in the low- and middle-income groups.
16. Union Commerce Minister revealed logo and brochure of 3-day Logix India 2019 which will be held in New Delhi in 2019
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, launched the logo and brochure of Logix India 2019 in New Delhi.
- A 3-day Logix India 2019 is scheduled to take place in New Delhi from 31st January to 2nd February 2019.
- It will be organized by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) to improve logistics cost effectiveness and operational efficiencies for India’s global trade.
17. Odisha government launched a lexicon for 21 rare tribal languages
- Odisha government released lexicons of 21 tribal languages for multilingual education (MLE) purposes for elementary schools in tribal-dominated districts.
- The main aim is to bring back the tribal languages in circulation and prevent them from vanishing.
- This initiative has been prepared by the Special Development council which will further enhance proficiency in tribal languages.
- Thus, this step towards tribal proficiency will help in the better connection between the government functionaries and the tribal communities.
Believe you can succeed!