1. Smartworks introduced Smart Mitri, a female AI robot
- Smartworks, a leading workspaces player, introduced ‘Smart Mitri’, a female AI robot, which will be Smartworks’ in-house productivity mascot.
- It will play an influential role in handling the overall office management for the facility, ranging from the visitor system to being a counsellor eventually.
1. Vanessa Ponce de Leon crowned as Miss World
- Miss Mexico Vanessa Ponce de Leon, 26, a Mexican model and volunteer, has been crowned Miss World at a glitzy event on the tropical Chinese island of Hainan.
- She holds a degree in international business, volunteers for “Migrantes en el Camino” and is on the board of directors of a rehab centre for girls.
1. Uttarakhand CM announces to recruit over 1,000 Home Guards
- Chief Minister Mr. Trivendra Singh Rawat announced to recruit over one thousand male and female Home Guards in the State.
- He also approved increase allocation in the welfare fund for the dependents of the Home Guards soldiers, who sacrificed their lives on duty.
1. IIT Delhi launched the Centre for Technology and Policing
- The Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology-Delhi (IIIT-D), New Delhi launched the Centre for Technology and Policing.
- It aimed at strengthening the Delhi Police by providing the latest technology in the field of crime prevention and control.
1. Indian Navy to Conduct Exercise TROPEX from January 2019
The Indian Navy will be conducting its flagship Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise, (TROPEX), from January 2019 end till early March 2019.
1. WHO reported air pollution kills 7 million every year
- The 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP24) is being held in Katowice, Poland from 3rd to 14th December 2018.
1. Kohli India's top-paid sportsperson of 2018 at 228 crore: Forbes
- Team India captain Virat Kohli has featured as the highest-earning sportsperson in the 2018 Forbes India Celebrity 100 list with ₹228.09-crore earnings.
1. Delhi Daredevils renamed as Delhi Capitals ahead of 2019 IPL season
- The change in name comes close on the heels of JSW Sports picking up a 50 percent stake in the franchise.
2. Nagaland becomes second state to adopt pan-India women helpline
Nagaland became the first state in the Northeast and second in the country, after Himachal Pradesh, to launch a pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ under the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS).
1. Microsoft passes Apple to become most valuable company
- Microsoft has surpassed Apple as the most valuable US company with a market value of about $812 billion
2. Defence Ministry approves military procurement worth Rs 3000 crore
The approved deal includes procurement of indigenous BrahMos missiles for two Indian Navy ships that are to be built in Russia.
1. Shri Sunil Arora takes over as new Chief Election Commissioner of India
- Shri Shri Sunil Arora today assumed charge as the 23rd Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India succeeding Shri O.P.Rawat.
- Shri Rawat who demitted the office on 1st December, 2018 after completing his tenure .
Prior to assuming charge as Chief Election Commissioner, Shri Arora had been serving as Election Commissioner in Election Commission of India since 1st September 2017.
1. CRZ approved the construction of Pulicat bridge
Expert Appraisal Committee of the Ministry of Environment approved a proposal by the Highways Department for the construction of the bridge for the people of Pasiyavaram island on Pulicat Lake to the mainland.
1. President of India Inaugurates the 2nd International Ambedkar Conclave
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 2nd International Ambedkar Conclave today (November 30, 2018) in New Delhi as part of the commemoration of Constitution Day. The Conclave is being organised by the Forum of SC and ST Legislators and Parliamentarians and the Dr Ambedkar Chamber of Commerce.
1. Arvind Saxena appointed as Chairman of UPSC
- Saxena will have tenure till August 7, 2020, when he attains the age of 65 years.
- He has been working as acting head of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) since June 20.
- He took over charge from Vinay Mittal who had completed his term.
- Saxena joined the UPSC as a member on May 8, 2015.
Prior to joining the UPSC, he was working as director of the Aviation Research Centre (ARC).
1. Govt launched 'Paisa' portal for affordable credit and interest subvenion access
- The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called 'Paisa'.
- PAiSA, or `Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access’, is a web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank.
1. WhatsApp Business Head Neeraj Arora Resigns
- WhatsApp’s Chief Business Officer Neeraj Arora has resigned from the post after 7-years in the company.
- His exit comes seven months after WhatsApp co-founder Jan Koum left the company.
- Arora had been an integral part of WhatsApp since 2011 and played a vital role in the company’s acquisition by Facebook in 2014.
Neeraj Arora was the front-runner for the post of the CEO at WhatsApp after the departure of Koum.
1. FAO to team up with Telangana for seed development
- Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations has offered to collaborate with Telangana for South-South Cooperation in the development of the seed sector in African countries.
The offer by FAO was made in Rome with Principal Secretary (Agriculture) C. Parthasarathi and Director of Telangana State Seed and Organic Certification Authority K. Keshavulu, FAO assistant director-general Bukar Tijani said Indian seed industry is gradually expanding its market and establishing business operations in the African countries as those countries grow similar crops as India.
1. Centre made jute packaging mandatory for all food grains
- The Centre approved a proposal making jute packaging mandatory for all food grains.
- The decision was taken by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, headed by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- In India, the jute sector employs approximately 3. 7 lakh workers directly.
- The move is significant as it would support several lakh farm families and workers whose livelihood is dependent on the jute sector.
1. Designers of Urban wind turbine O-Wind Turbine, Nicolas Orellana of Chile and Yaseen Noorani from Kenya, won 2018 International James Dyson award
- The prestigious International James Dyson award 2018 was won by Nicolas Orellana of Chile and Yaseen Noorani from Kenya for their innovative design ‘Urban wind turbine’ called O-Wind Turbine.
- It help cities to harness energy to produce electricity and was inspired from NASA’s Mars Tumbleweed Rover.
- It is a sphere shaped object with vents that spins and converts the power of the wind into electricity.
1. Third Sayaji Ratna Award received by Film superstar Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan awarded the third Sayaji Ratna Award in Laxmi Vilas Palace, Vadodara for his social contribution to pay off the loans of several farmers from Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- He had helped 1,398 farmers from Uttar Pradesh and 350 from Maharashtra through his contribution.
1. Cabinet apprised of Agreement between India and Uzbekistan on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of an Agreement on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation between India and Uzbekistan.
1. Union HRD Minister launches ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)’Program of MHRD’s Innovation Cell through video conferencing
Union HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar through video conferencing launched the ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)programunder Innovation cellof MHRD in New Delhi today.
1. President of India addresses National Assembly of Vietnam; leads delegation-level talks; says Vietnam is pivotal to India’s “Act East” policy
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, addressed the National Assembly of Vietnam today (November 20, 2018) in Hanoi, on the final day of his visit to Vietnam.
He also held bilateral meetings with the President of Vietnam as well as led delegation-level talks.
1. PM Modi inaugurates Western Peripheral Expressway in Gurugram
- The Kundli-Manesar-Palwal expressway, also known as Western Peripheral Expressway, became fully operational on November 19 after PM Narendra Modi inaugurated its Kundli-Manesar stretch in Gurugram.
- It'll bring down travel time from Sonipat to Manesar to about 45 minutes.
- Along with Eastern Peripheral Expressway, the six-lane expressway is expected to divert over 50,000 heavy vehicles away from Delhi.
1. 9th Annual Defence and Security Dialogue between India and China held in Beijing
- The 9th Annual Defence and Security Dialogue between India and China held in Beijing.
- It held between the two Defence delegations headed by Defence secretary Sanjay Mitra and China’s deputy chief of Joint Staff Department of the Central Military Commission.
1. China builds an 'Artificial Sun' 6 times hotter than Sun's core
Scientists at a Chinese institute announced that their nuclear fusion reactor dubbed 'artificial sun' reached 100 million°C, the temperature required to carry out fusion on Earth.
1. IKEA to launch Better Air Now initiative
IKEA, the Swedish home furnishing company, announced its ‘Better Air Now’ plan to turn rice straw into a new renewable material source for its products.
1. Andhra Pradesh gets Offical State Emblem with Dhamma Chakka 4 Years after Bifurcation
Nearly five years after the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh in 2014, the state has finalised its new emblem for official use.
1. India GSLV MkIII-D2 successfully launches GSAT-29
- India’s GSAT-29 communication satellite was successfully launched by the second developmental flight of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle MarkIII (GSLV MkIII-D2).
1. 2nd Startup India Investment Seminar in Beijing
Embassy of India in China in partnership with Startup India Association (SIA) and Venture Gurukool organized 2nd Startup India Investment Seminar on 12 November 2018 in Beijing for fostering innovation and entrepreneurship among Indian youth.
1. INS Rana at Surabaya to participate in Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘ Samudra Shakti’
INS Rana of the Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam under the Eastern Naval Command is on deployment to the South East Asia and arrived at the port of Surabaya to participate in the inaugural edition of Indian Navy – Indonesian Navy Bilateral Exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ scheduled from 12 to 18 Nov 18.
1. Power Minister inaugurates INSPIRE 2018; gives away awards to the winners of the #InnovateToINSPIRE challenge
This is the second edition of INSPIRE and is being organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) and World Bank.
- 1. Arunima Sinha, worlds first Indian woman amputee to scale Everest gets honorary doctorate in UK
She has been awarded for her inspirational achievements in mountaineering. She is 30 years old. In 2013, she became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- 1. Bilateral Exercise Between Indian & Republic of Singapore Navies – SIMBEX 18 - marks Silver Jubilee this Year
The 25th edition of SIMBEX, an acronym for “Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise” is scheduled from 10th to 21st November 2018 off Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- 1. Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in Civil and Commercial Matters
- Service of summons and other judicial documents or processes;
- taking of evidence in civil matters;
- production, identification or examination of documents, recordings;
- The execution of a Letter of Request for taking of evidence in civil matters; and
- National Cancer Awareness Day Observed On 7th November Across The Nation
- 'National Cancer Awareness Day' started in 2014 when it was first announced by the former Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- India elected as a Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Council
India has been elected as a Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Council for another 4-year term (2019-2022).
- 3rd Ayurveda Day Celebrated; All 19 New AIIMS To Have Ayurveda Departments
- This 5th November the 3rd Ayurveda Day was celeberated.
- Minister of State for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik has announced that Ayurveda Departments will be opened in the new 19 AIIMS.
1. Indian Railways rolls out All-India Unreserved Mobile Ticketing facility
Railway tickets can be booked online as the Ministry has introduced Unreserved Mobile Ticketing with a view to promoting three C’s- Cashless transactions (Digital payment), Contactless ticketing (no need to physically visit the point of sale) and Customer convenience and experience.
1. Ayurveda Day to be celebrated throughout the Country on 5th November
Ministry of AYUSH observes Ayurveda Day every year on Dhanawantari Jayanti (Dhanteras).
1. PM launches historic Support and Outreach Initiative for MSME sector
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today launched a historic support and outreach programme for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.