- The First-ever G20 Ministerial Conference on Women’s Empowerment was held at Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy.
- It was held in mixed format i.e people participated in physical form and via video conference also. The Union Minister of Women & Child Development, Smriti Irani addressed the meet on behalf of India.
- The Union Minister reaffirmed India’s commitment towards addressing gender and women-centric issues through mutual cooperation.
- About the G20 Conference: G20 Conference on Women Empowerment acknowledged the common objectives and shared responsibilities to advance the goals of equality and development of women and girls in all spheres including STEM, Financial and Digital Literacy, Environment and Sustainability.
(SOURCE: THE PRINT)
- The International Military and Technical Forum ‘ARMY 2021’ has been organised in Moscow, Russia from August 22 to 28, 2021, at Patriot Expo, Kubinka Air Base and Alabino military training grounds.
- The ARMY 2021 is the 7th edition of the annual International Military-Technical Forum.
- About the forum: The forum is being organised by the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation since 2015.
- The International Military and Technical Forum ‘ARMY’ is the world’s leading exhibition of armament and military equipment and the authoritative platform for discussing innovative ideas and developments for the armed forces by various foreign exhibitors, delegations and visitors.
(SOURCE: JAGRAN JOSH)
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in collaboration with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have launched a unique national Hackathon named ‘MANTHAN 2021’.
- The basic objective of this hackathon is to identify innovative concepts and technology solutions for addressing the security challenges of the 21st century faced by the intelligence agencies of the country and empower these enforcement agencies.
- About the Hackathon: The Hackathon is scheduled to be held from November 28 to December 01, 2021, in an online mode.
- The winning team will receive a number worth Rs. 40 Lakh. The Hackathon will be held under 6 themes for 20 different challenge statements using new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Augmented reality, Machine Learning among others.
(SOURCE: HINDUSTAN TIMES)
- The armed force of the country China, Pakistan, Mongolia and Thailand will take part in a multinational peacekeeping exercise named “Shared Destiny-2021”.
- The exercise will be held in China in the month of September 2021. The four countries will take part in the first multinational peacekeeping live exercise “Shared Destiny-2021” at the combined-arms tactical training base of the PLA in Henan’s Queshan county.
- All the four countries will dispatch more than 1,000 troops to participate in the drills, involving units of infantry, fast response, security, helicopter, engineering, transportation and medical services.
- The scenario of the exercise is joint operations of multinational peacekeeping forces and the exercise will be held in a close-to-real battlefield environment set in accordance with the international, professional and realistic combat standards.
(SOURCE: THE PRINT)
- India has won the elections for membership of two key bodies of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), during the 27th UPU Congress in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
- India got elected to the Council of Administration(CA) with 134 votes, out of 156 countries. The country received the highest votes in CA elections from South Asia and the Oceania region.
- Apart from this, India has also been elected to the Postal Operations Council (POC) with 106 votes. India will now work with all to strengthen cooperation in the Universal Postal Union.
- Universal Postal UnionHeadquarters: Bern, Switzerland.
- Universal Postal UnionFounded: 9 October 1874.
- Universal Postal Union Director-General: Masahiko Meteko.
(SOURCE: INDIAN EXPRESS)
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Mansukh Mandaviya has taken over the charge as the Chairperson of Stop TB Partnership Board.
- He has replaced Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan as the chairman. India aims to end TB by 2025 while the UN aims to end TB by 2030.
- The Stop TB Partnership is a United Nations-hosted partnership program that aims to fight against tuberculosis collectively.
- The Stop TB Partnership also welcomed the incoming Board Vice-Chair Austin Arinze Obiefuna. He will take over as the Board Vice-Chair from 1 January 2022 for a period of three years.
(SOURCE: THE HINDU)
- NITI Aayog in partnership with Cisco has launched the next phase of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) titled “WEP Nxt” to foster women entrepreneurship in India.
- WEP, which was launched by NITI Aayog in 2017, is a first-of-its-kind, unified portal that brings together women from diverse backgrounds and offers them access to a multitude of resources, support, and learning.
- About the WEPNxt Platform: WEPNxt Platform is the next phase of this WEP and will be driven by evidence-based decision-making based on a focused study of Indian women entrepreneurs and their most urgent needs across six key verticals – community and networking, skilling and mentorship, incubation and acceleration programs, and financial, compliance, and marketing assistance.
(SOURCE: THE ECONOMIC TIMES)